For those who love all things retro, unique and handmade, this cycle trail is the easiest way to shop around Brighton's famous boutiques and markets. Whether you're looking for an antique piece of furniture or a statement piece for your wardrobe, Brighton is the place for all things vintage.
DISTANCE: 1.1 miles
RIDE TIME: 10 mins
- Where better to discover the best of Brighton's vintage than the North Laine? Hire a BTN BikeShare bike from the hub on Whitechapel St to start exploring.
- On Sydney St you will find Wolf & Gypsy Vintage, a carefully curated pick of vintage and modern garms, as well as Dirty Harry, a treasure trove of trend-led vintage where you're sure to find a bargain.
- Continue down to Kensington Gardens. Be sure to 'hold' your bike somewhere - this is one of Brighton's most crowded pedestrian streets - and spend some time searching for gems in To Be Worn Again.
- Further down the street is Snooper's Paradise, Brighton's best loved antiques and vintage emporium. If clothes are what you're after, head upstairs to Snooper's Attic, where a collective of local designers and makers showcase their wares.
- Retrieve your bike and cycle downhill to Vine St to rummage through clothes and accessories in Beyond Retro, the largest vintage clothing shop in Brighton.
- For the last leg of your vintage venture, go straight at the lights at the bottom of North Rd and follow the road around to the right. Turn left up St James' St and cycle for about 4 minutes until you spot the candy floss pink of Brighton Flea Market on your right.
- With two floors of vintage and upcycled pieces, you're bound to stumble upon the weird and wonderful, from taxidermy to antique furniture.